Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Year, New Ways

HOW ON earth is it February 2012 already?!? The last months of 2011 moved by so quickly I barely had time to reflect. I started the year in Brazil and ended it in the Berg. I need to reflect...

AFTER MY Brazilian adventure, I returned to college. I interned very briefly at a magazine in Durban, helped out on the book Awesome South Africa: The Durban Edition, then moved to Cape Town to intern at a mag there. Upon my return, I began interning at an incredible company which was extended to a job. A real job. I am now officially a working adult with a salary. I pay rent. I come home at 5pm. I pay medical aid. I have a parking spot.

SO 2011 was quite a year. 2012 has quite a feat to accomplish. As do I. I need, repeat need, to get into shape. At 22, I need to be able to get up a flight of stairs whilst holding a conversation. And I really need to get over my irrational fear of elevators, back seats, and small spaces.

MY QUOTE for the year is:


I APOLOGIZE in advance if I scream like a little girl at those scary things. I'll try be brave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment