Sunday, August 5, 2012

#GTBC

GETAWAY MAGAZINE had their annual Getaway Travel Bloggers Conference this weekend in Cape Town. Alas I could not attend. Enter the joy of social media and hashtags. So this is what I learnt from the #GTBC:


The best travel blogs are powered by personality. Things I learned at


Here's a travel blog formula/suggestion: text, photo, text, video. Things I learned at Hello Keith! 

. : A blog isn't just a blog. Trad definition of a blog applies to Facebook and Twitter

Trust your own voice!

You need to create hearty content that people would want to return to -

Bloggers r solo publishers. Writer, sub, editor, designer, marketer, sales exec, tea lady all in 1. Things I learned at
 
Delighting your readers is the key to long-term awesomeness

Your blog vision should be simple, concrete, credible, emotional and phrased in the form of a story.

Rule number 1 for a great travel blog: it MUST reflect your personality. Make it yours. Things I learned at Hello Nellie!

You are not Wikipedia. You're a travel blogger. Don't get all fact-heavy in your travel blog. Things I learned at

Be real. Be authentic. Be true when you write your travel blog. Things I learned at Genuine

1% of people online create content, 9% share content, 90% consume content, says

"Get involved in what you believe in. Bloggers are travel influencers. " closer



THANKS TO the peeps who tweeted from the conference. Hopefully next year, my knowledge will be first hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment