Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cape Town Will Capture My Heart

I HAVE just returned from a week break in Cape Town, the place that the more I visit, the more it feels like a second home.

WE VISITED one of my favourite places in the entire world, the Drakenstein Lion Park. It's a park that rescues lions from circuses or owners that aren't taking care of them properly (one owner kept a lion cub on a balcony in Lebanon). The lions are then brought to the park where they live a happy life in large enclosures (unfortunately they can't return back into the wild). They also just received two tigers from the Tygerberg Zoo which just closed down so of course we had to go visit the latest additions!

Is this not the happiest pic of a lion you've ever seen?!?
The tiger addition.
Little Leo, rescued from Lebanon.
Asad, also a Lebanon rescue.

 Images via Drakenstein Lion Park. On the way back, we stopped in Franschoek, a town surrounded by wine farms. Gorgeous place! Then the main reason we went to CT.... to watch Linkin Park! What an epic show! They resurrected my love for them that has been dormant for a few years but now I'm gonna go out and buy every album I've missed over the years. Chester's scream still makes my knees go weak. And Mike made rapping look cool again. I got the below images from Big Concerts as my images weren't too great with my little point-and-shoot camera but the videos came out well.


UNFORTUNATELY MOST of the other videos either have the boyf singing loudly in the background or shakes around too much. Here is the best vid we got of the night...


AND THEN it was back to Durbs...

0 comments:

Post a Comment