Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Putting Things into Perspective

THESE PAST few weeks have been quite hectic for me. Three weeks ago a guy drove into me and consequently wrote off my car. My face was pretty banged up from the airbag but I was fine. Then yesterday we had a break-in at our home and my laptop was one of the two things that were stolen. Very unlucky and very upset about it!

BUT THE breaking news of the death of pro-surfer Andy Irons has really put things into perspective. I'm still alive, just minus a few possessions.

THE SHOCKING news broke in the early hours of this morning. Irons had died in his Dallas hotel room, on his way home to his pregnant wife in Hawaii. He had pulled out of the last surfing contest due to illness which may have been dengue fever. Irons has suffered from it before but recovered. Some reports are suggesting a methadone overdose.
I WAS quite shocked to read he recovered from a drug addiction only last year. But I think the saddest part of this story is his wife Lyndie who is left behind. Losing your husband at such a young age must be devastating, especially as she is pregnant. She is due to give birth to a son next month.

SO MY prayers go out to his wife, his family, and his unborn son who will only meet him in another life. Rest in peace Andy Irons. Let your legacy live on.


THIS IMAGE was provided by Zigzag surfing magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment