Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eat, Pray, Loving It

I WAS a little weary to read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert when it first came out. I did want to but I was nervous I would want to ditch my man and go on a year-long adventure after doing so. I finally indulged myself.

I UNFORTUNATELY saw the movie before reading the book. It was a great movie but then I read the book and the movie had changed a few things and left out some parts I considered important. And your mind doesn't get to conjure up an image of what all the characters look like, you already know Elizabeth looks like Julia Robers. But I saw it on the flight to Brazil and it gave me this new outlook on traveling and I thought it was an appropriate movie to begin my trip with. Although my trip was only a month long and I wasn't struggling with my inner turmoil.

THE ITALY section did make me want to go study Italian and make my way over there ASAP! But I suppose the way Elizabeth writes so passionately about the place, who wouldn't want to go there? I even started warming up to meditation (not that I have actually tried it) but it's just so easy to feel her love for it. And of course there's Bali, a place that was always on my bucket list and now even more so.

JULIA ROBERTS was absolutely gorgeous in the movie and I think the role suited her perfectly! Julia even resembles Elizabeth, if only slightly. But Javier Bardem does not resemble Felipe at all! But I suppose they can't get it all perfect in the movie.















*real couple vs. movie couple*

UPON COMPLETING Eat, Pray, Love I have immediately begun on her follow-up book Committed. There is still so much to learn from Elizabeth Gilbert. Do yourself a favour and get these books now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment