Friday, June 25, 2010

Ke Nako!

SO TODAY is the most anticipated game of the World Cup so far, Portugal versus Brazil. And it will be played a mere two kilometres away from where I will be....working. And NOT watching the game. Very unfortunate but I will sneak in a few peaks at the gorgeous, and very talented, Cristiano Rinaldo.

DESPITE SOUTH Africa being knocked out of the WC after the first round, there is still a lot patriotism present and it's very contagious. To be honest, I had never watched a Bafana Bafana game until the opening game versus Mexico. I was very surprised at how talented our soccer team is; I'm more of a rugby fan. And despite our valiant efforts, we're out of the World Cup. But all our hearts are still in it.

I HAVE picked two new teams, England and USA, and will narrow it down depending on their performances in the newt few games. After dreading the imminent arrival of the WC, all the foreigners and all the worldwide attention, I have grown very fond of the World Cup and actually dread the imminent end now.

BUT THAT end is still far away so I'm going to enjoy every game we've got left. Go on, support some soccer!
"Look Ma, I'm an aeroplane!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment