Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dating Revelation

Being in a relationship is great, but it's absolutely fantastic when you hear your single girlfriends bitching about their new crush. Is he interested? When is he gonna text back? How long do I wait to text him? Are we dating now? Bla bla bla bla blaaaa! It's a simple thing really: Men are not as complex as we make them out to be.

As much as any single girl will argue that, men aren't. One of the factors that helped me realize that was the movie "He's just not that into you". It became my mantra for life. Work sucks, he's just not that into you. He doesn't reply, he's just not that into you. It rains and you forgot a jacket, he's just NOT THAT INTO YOU.


I learnt a lot from that simple line. Guys that had held my fancy for a while that just weren't following up with their intentions, suddenly lost my interest. If he really liked me, we would already be celebrating an anniversary by now. It's a harsh way of thinking, but it has saved me some time and made me available for my Knight in Shining Armour, who after a week after dating asked me to be his girlfriend.


So next time you are about to text that loser back (after he took 4 hours to get back to you), know that if he was into you, you would already be dating.


Love and peace xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment