Sunday, September 27, 2009

Epiphany

I used to think that gym was the Devil reincarnated. Until I joined a gym. I actually enjoy this so-called gyming thing. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm a buff babe for doing so but I would hope I'm at least fit. Until I found out that I'm doing all the wrong things. For the past few months.
When I joined my gym I had an orientation where a trainer (who has a HUGE upper body, tiny legs and absolutely NO strength) showed me how all the machines worked and what I should be doing. I also asked other friends I knew that gymed what they did while they were there.
And while having quite an enlightening conversation with my best friend and our boyfriends (we all surprisingly enjoy gym) I found out I am doing all the wrong exercises. How lovely! And here I thought I was doing great. Wrong.
So now I'm basically starting from scratch. I'm getting a work out programme and everything.
I foresee a lot of pain in the week ahead...
Any gym bunnies out there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment