Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Official Adventures

I HAVE finally booked my ticket to Brazil this December! Your plans only feel like plans until you either pay a large sum of money or receive official documentation. I've done both. Now all the exciting things can start happening, like what to pack, what to wear while I'm there, and where to go.

EVERYONE SHOULD have travelling adventures at some stage in their lives. It's obviously incredibly fun to travel and experience something new, but it also shows you how small your tiny world is and how there is so much out there to discover when you realize the world doesn't revolve around you.

YOU MIGHT have to learn a new language, like I am about to start learning Portuguese. I'm very excited to be learning another language. It's easy going somewhere like America where they speak English but don't understand any other accent, but where's the experience in that? Travelling is all about new things.

YOU WILL eat things you've never eaten before. And I say things because you never know what, or why, some cultures eat the things they do.

YOU WILL meet people that will teach you things and maybe you will teach them a few things. Sometimes the people you meet briefly will have the biggest impact on you. We had a Brazilian guy work at our restaurant for one week but I swear, after he left everyone was on fire to get travelling around our world. He had been to so many places and had so many tales; he was one of those people you're happy you met.

AND THERE are the memories you will keep forever. I still talk about the year I spent in America, and the week I travelled around California. That time greatly effected my life now and I don't regret it for a single second. It was one of the highlights of my life so far and I'm so grateful I got to do it. And now I get to make more memories, with one of my closest friends in the beautiful country of Brazil. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment