Monday, August 2, 2010

You can have your Cake and put Strippers on it Too

I HAVE just become aware of an amazing show, called Cake Boss, about a bakery in New Jersey that makes the most intricate and amazing cakes. It's about how a family runs the bakery called Carlo's Bake Shop. The only downfall is that you want to eat cake the entire time you watch it, and for a while after.

MY BF and I discovered this show while lazing in front of the TV on Sunday and came across the Sunday Stack on the Discovery channel, showing a marathon of Cake Boss. We were glued to the screen until we had to eventually stop watching and move on with our lives but it has definitely become my new favourite show.

BUDDY VALASTOR Jr owns the store with his mother, Mary, whilst the rest of the family assist in the cake-making or behind the counter. It's a mix of their family life, with constant reference to the late Buddy Sr, who initially bought the store in 1964, and the process that goes into making great cakes. I don't know if I could eat some of the cakes they make because they are made so beautifully I would want to frame it and put it on display.

HERE ARE some of my favourites they have made:

What the cake looked like before Bridezilla got to it. And after...

This one was made for retired firefighters:

And my favourite was the cake made for a bachelorrette party:


They all look so delicious! You can find out more at http://www.carlosbakery.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment